Update Post

Hi, just writing to give you all an update on what has been happening in class, enjoy! 😀

Ok, so a few classes have already gone on camp, and a few are already back, my class isn’t. I didn’t really want to go to camp this year, so I am in 5T for today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday).

We also had our ‘Buddy Day’ recently. It is a national day ran by the Alannah and Madeline Foundation. It was on two weeks ago, on a Friday, but that was our report writing day (no students at school) so we ran it on the Wednesday. We got to sit down with our buddy grade (3M) and eat a Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Donut. They were very delicious. I really enjoyed the day.

We have also begun our radio show, our scripts are coming along nicely and we are a 1/4 of the way finished. we aren’t doing a book role-play, instead we are discussing movies. We also have a news segment, we  are discussing robotics and the new sports teacher.

Speaking of robotics, I (and 14 other students) have entered the competition. It is through the school, and the competition is called RoboCup Rescue. We have to program the robot to follow a winding black line, and rescue a aluminium can (by rescue I mean knock it over and out of a ‘green zone’). We can’t have any parts of our robot to pick up the aluminium can, only ram into it. Our school is submitting three teams, A, B and C. There are five students per team, although a few of our students are going to Singapore at the time, so there might be less, although there might be some substitutes instead.

Well I should be wrapping this up, so thanks everyone for reading this update, I will be posting some more projects on my blog, as I know I have been dormant for quite some time, and I will aim to put that to an end soon.

Bye! 😀